To complete this assessment you must spend a total of 80 hours developing and researching information, which may include interviewing. For this assessment, you will write an essay on a topic of your choice that is related to your current workplace and health informatics. Your paper should reflect your professional expertise in a specific area and demonstrate your knowledge of the healthcare delivery environment in which you work. You should include personal work experience and research to thoroughly support your discussion. This assessment will give you the opportunity to clearly convey how your expertise applies to healthcare informatics.
(Please see the attached document regarding my profession as this should be a foundation for this essay.)
Write an essay based on your work experience and research related to the chosen topic in which you do the following:
A. Discuss how a topic of your choosing is related to your current workplace and health informatics or information management.
- Analyze how the selected topic’s operational components are linked to regulatory agency requirements or quality improvement initiatives.
- Discuss how the mandates of one regulatory agency or quality improvement initiative analyzed in part A1 impact the application of the selected topic within your organization.
- Discuss one example of how the selected topic supports quality improvement in your organization or in a specific group (i.e., patients, staff, or community).
B. Analyze how organizational needs in your workplace are supported by the selected topic by doing the following:
- Describe the function or functional area of the selected topic as it relates to the larger organization.
- Discuss how key stakeholders are engaged in the day-to-day operations of application of the selected topic.
- Discuss how the selected topic supports the management of health data or information in either paper or electronic form.
C. Discuss how your professional role applies to the selected topic.
- Discuss how working in this role has developed your professional skills.
- Discuss at least one ethical issue that may arise when carrying out the responsibilities of this role.
- Discuss the abilities and credentials that are essential to be successful in this role.
D. Include at least three relevant sources to support your discussions.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.